MLD Plagiarism Policy
MODERN LANGUAGES DEPARTMENT PLAGIARISM POLICY
Plagiarism: A person’s using ideas or words of other people without crediting the source as if they are his/her own.(*) The following actions are regarded as plagiarism:
- Using printed or internet sources without acknowledging the original source,
- Copying sections from different sources (e.g. “copy-paste”) without reference,
- Using a source by revising the words without reference,
- Giving (almost) the same assignment with a student in another section,
- Selling, giving or otherwise supplying material to another student for use in fullfilling academic requirements,
- Giving the assignment which the student used in previous academic years,
- Giving an assignment which fits in the format used in previous tasks.
Violations of the academic code of ethics may result in disciplinary actions, ranging between a “Warning” and “Receiving an FF or NA grade”.
(*) Adapted from METU Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences – www.fbe.metu.edu.tr
DISCLAIMER:The plaigiarism cases listed in this document under different levels can be extended (more cases can be added) as new instances emerge upon the decision made by Modern Languages Department Administration.
For more details refer to the relevant courses’ links on MLD Website.